PCH Innovations demonstrate their own vision of new building blocks for HMI-systems by the year 2018 and beyond. The issued solutions could be market-ready within the next five years. In the Case Study PCH Innovations provides a comprehensive assessment of the current HMI landscape by applying a holistic research perspective. They are decrypting the upcoming automotive revolution and re-formulate the car’s purpose in resonance with the changing driver and passenger habits, needs and preferences.
Key Learning Points
- With the rise of automated and intuitive data reasoning, cars somehow will become devices and more personalized partners, storing and reflecting our daily routines.
- The progressing evolution from autonomous drive level 2 to 3 (and later 4) requires a driver cockpit and vehicle’s interior way more adaptive and physically re-configurable than it is today.
- Emergence of new mobility rituals: Vehicles as knowledge hubs, experience machines, health advisors and transaction platforms.
- Minimizing driver distraction whilst optimizing the driver and passenger experience and at the same time is a real opportunity for intelligent design concepts.
- Safety clearly remains the key cornerstone in HMI design.